Course Duration: 40 hours
5 days training
9am - 5pm
Course Schedule: Monday - Friday
Equipment: ASA firewall
Inclusion (face-to-face training): Morning & Afternoon snack
Certificate of completion
Review material for exam
Free flowing coffee
Inclusion (Online Training): Certificate of completion
Training handout (soft copy)
Review material for exam
1. Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
• Given a scenario, analyze indicators of compromise and determine the type of malware.
• Compare and contrast types of attacks.
• Explain threat actor types and attributes.
• Explain penetration testing concepts.
• Explain vulnerability scanning concepts.
• Explain the impact associated with types of vulnerabilities.
2. Technologies and Tools
• Install and configure network components, both hardwareand software-based, to support organizational security.
• Given a scenario, use appropriate software tools to assess the security posture of an organization.
• Given a scenario, troubleshoot common security issues.
• Given a scenario, analyze and interpret output from security technologies.
• Given a scenario, deploy mobile devices securely.
• Given a scenario, implement secure protocols.
3. Architecture and Design
• Explain use cases and purpose for frameworks, best practices and secure configuration guides.
• Given a scenario, implement secure network architecture concepts.
• Given a scenario, implement secure systems design.
• Explain the importance of secure staging deployment concepts.
• Explain the security implications of embedded systems.
• Summarize secure application development and deployment concepts.
• Summarize cloud and virtualization concepts.
• Explain how resiliency and automation strategies reduce risk.
• Explain the importance of physical security controls.
4. Identity and Access Management
• Compare and contrast identity and access management concepts
• Given a scenario, install and configure identity and access services.
• Given a scenario, implement identity and access management controls.
• Given a scenario, differentiate common account management practices.
5. Risk Management
• Explain the importance of policies, plans and procedures related to organizational security.
• Summarize business impact analysis concepts.
• Explain risk management processes and concepts.
6. Cryptography and PKI
• Given a scenario, follow incident response procedures.
• Summarize basic concepts of forensics.
• Explain disaster recovery and continuity of operation concepts.
• Compare and contrast various types of controls.
• Given a scenario, carry out data security and privacy practices.
• Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography.
• Explain cryptography algorithms and their basic characteristics.
• Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings.
• Given a scenario, implement public key infrastructure.